Post new topic   Reply to topic    Knights Of The White Cross Forum Index -> Rune-keepers' Scriptorium
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Sampaguita
Leader

re: Helm's Deep Dev Diary

Here it is!

https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/developer-diary-rune-keeper-class-changes-helm%E2%80%99s-deep

Army of alts: Meggie - 85 captain, Lunelleth - 85 hunter, Eadolwyn - 43 warden, Cwenhild - 40 champ, Euraweth - 24 LM, Idhreneth - 22 RK, Cinnamum - 20 burg, Ajuga - 20 guard, and Solveij the Pacifist - 52 RK.
- Gabriyel -
Officer

So I don't know how some of you capped RK's feel about this, but I think it looks pretty good. But what do I know my RK is only level 67. Would love to hear Gair, Oddy, Corr, Lam, Meghann and Xell's thoughts.

After reading the diary I think that it looks like a good change for the RK. I like that there will be ways to change attunement faster and that attunement builds faster too. As with all of them we will see how it goes when it all goes live.

- Gabriyel - wrote:
So I don't know how some of you capped RK's feel about this, but I think it looks pretty good. But what do I know my RK is only level 67. Would love to hear Gair, Oddy, Corr, Lam, Meghann and Xell's thoughts.

Umm.... either incredibly broken or incredibly OP. Being able to switch attunement fast will be a big help in fillling multiple roles during a raid, however, it sounds like we may have access to less skills due to some of them being locked behind trait trees.

I suspect I will trait lightning OR fire and a bit of heals or vice versa but never a lot of lightning AND fire and zero heals. It will depend on how many trees we can use with all our points. If MC is anything to go by we can spec out about 70-80% of all options.

Not overly in love with cashing out attunement for better effects. As someone pointed out this is the same as Minstrel's codas for healing, but its also used elswhere, eg hunter's blood arrow + scourging blow, RK MC skill (forget what its called), and apparently a cappy bleed skill. Makes the class a bit less original IMO.
Correnath

Odhalvun wrote:
- Gabriyel - wrote:

Umm.... either incredibly broken or incredibly OP. Being able to switch attunement fast will be a big help in fillling multiple roles during a raid, however, it sounds like we may have access to less skills due to some of them being locked behind trait trees.

I suspect I will trait lightning OR fire and a bit of heals or vice versa but never a lot of lightning AND fire and zero heals. It will depend on how many trees we can use with all our points. If MC is anything to go by we can spec out about 70-80% of all options.

Not overly in love with cashing out attunement for better effects. As someone pointed out this is the same as Minstrel's codas for healing, but its also used elswhere, eg hunter's blood arrow + scourging blow, RK MC skill (forget what its called), and apparently a cappy bleed skill. Makes the class a bit less original IMO.

Not a fan. The changes as they are described sound too much like every other DPS class (store up X, use skill). Managing attunement was not difficult, but it did make it feel different from everything else. I also do not expect there to be much in the way of hybrid DPS healing builds with the specializations and trees as we have seen so far and that seems like another con to me. Granted, I can switch out between fights, but that doesn't help much in the middle of the fight. For raids, I don't see this as a problem 90% of the time, but for the other 10% and any time I'm soloing it seems like a major nerf. /doomandgloom

As I said in game, they could have gone to class trees without touching attunement at all, so it just seems like change for change's sake.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Knights Of The White Cross Forum Index -> Rune-keepers' Scriptorium All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: