Post new topic   Reply to topic    Knights Of The White Cross Forum Index -> Captains' Quarters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lamilian

re: Traiting

This is in answer to Anessen's question about how Captains trait in general.

Solo: In general I trait 5 red and 2 blue when soloing. This gives me the crits to take mobs down "somewhat" fast. The crits also allow me to heal both morale and power since I have Rallying Cry traited to restore power also.

Group: This varies. I have done groups where I stay traited 5R 2B and can keep up with the secondary heals off the crits from Rallying cry and throw an occasional word of courage if someone looks like they are getting low.

I also trait 5b and 2 yellow, or 5b and 1r, and 1 yellow. It depends on the situation, the strengths and weaknesses of the group, etc.

Discuss...

Purple is better.

Army of alts: Meggie - 85 captain, Lunelleth - 85 hunter, Eadolwyn - 43 warden, Cwenhild - 40 champ, Euraweth - 24 LM, Idhreneth - 22 RK, Cinnamum - 20 burg, Ajuga - 20 guard, and Solveij the Pacifist - 52 RK.
Correnath

I usually trait 5R 2B for soloing as well so that I can have my Oathbreaker archer to help with damage.

For groups I have always gone 7 blue with one exception: 5y 2b when I tanked RoF the other night.

I tried traiting purple, but the bard hit me over the head with his lute and threw me out of the Prancing Pony and then into the Boar Fountain, so I've never tried it again.
Denali
Officer

I always forget to go back to the Bard after a group run, so I'm usually always traited 5 or 6 blue and 1 red.

Similar vein of thinking - do you all have two different sets of LI's? One for dps, and another for healing? I've mostly put all my healing stuff into my emblem, and dps on my sword.

Ovardorin - Guardian (57) :: Thalostorn - Champion (32)
My Creeps:
Nashkurn (Rank 7 Warg) :: Denakh (Rank 2 Blackarrow) :: Nashdush (R5 Defiler)
Elthorin

Solo is always 5R and 2B for me.

I go with HoH Capstone with 5B and 2R for groups.

I've used LoM occasionally.

One of the more memorable times I've had with my captain was in the Isengard 3-man instance with the prisoners and the disease troll and fire troll. My two partners were Champions. We had a pretty easy time. The morale return on the bosses when I marked them was crazy enough to not have to really worry about single target heals on anybody. I tanked it with 5B and 2R.

- Anessen -

Traits are very different now from when this thread started, but I wanted to post the way I'm currently building.  If you have some advice, feel free to share.  (Keep in mind I only have 31 trait points right now at level 47.)

When healing a group: http://www.lotrottp.lotrostatus.com/l.php?c=8W

When dpsing with a group: http://www.lotrottp.lotrostatus.com/l.php?c=8X

Half tank/half dps build when doing Big Battles (it helps a ton to force taunt stuff and then stun it for repeat ballista/catapult hits): http://www.lotrottp.lotrostatus.com/l.php?c=8Y

Anessen (95) Burglar || Aranedain (86) Champion || Bevin (21) Minstrel || Daugon (48) Captain || Davito (27) Guardian
Delorien (37) Hunter || Meldiron (23) Warden || Roherdiron (20) Lore-master || Torelgrim (53) Rune-keeper
Ishotboromir (R7) Blackarrow :: Marshwiggle (R6) Defiler :: Raknakh (R8) Reaver
Gnashnakh (R6) Stalker :: Urdanakh (R6) Warleader :: Lobnakh (R7) Weaver
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Knights Of The White Cross Forum Index -> Captains' Quarters All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: