Post new topic   Reply to topic    Knights Of The White Cross Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Sampaguita
Leader

re: Urgent regarding server transfers!!!!!

Hello Kinmates!

Our kiniversary is this month! Happy 5 years!! Maybe we can do something fun on the 22nd??

Happy Birthday to Genevrier, Thurinborne, Malegond, and Dustan this week. Also, thank you to our veterans for your service to our country.

Server transfers are starting again. Imladris will open up for transfers on the 17th. We are the next server in line!

So, we need to restart our discussion on where we are going. I have created a poll (link below) and would like everyone to vote before it closes on the 21st. (We could open up as early as the 24th for transfers off.) This poll is closed – so you don’t have to worry about what other people think about your choice. Only admin (that’s me) will be able to see how people voted. Feel free to use this post to discuss questions/concerns, etc.  If you would like to share how you voted, feel free. If you have anything you want to say, but don’t want it attached to your name, please send me a message through the forums or in-game and I will be able to share it.

Some information before you vote:

**A council of kin leaders on Dwarrowdelf got together and decided to move to Gladden. This includes DoME (where Oddy moved to) and Kindred.

**A Light in the Darkness also decided to move to Gladden, due to some changes in the environment on Arkenstone. Here is the message I received back from Flappyfeet (their leader):

Yes, we decided to go to Gladden (kin vote), because Ark's *feel* seemed to have changed - wc <<world chat>> got rougher than it had been - the *natives* weren't quite as welcoming anymore to the transfer folks. So we put all our options and info on the table, and we Chose Gladden :).

**Linyara from Middle Earth Elites (also one on our friends list) put together a list of who is going where. You can find the full google doc file here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1N0mmzqpLHZhJrVSCbrClw9CsAfGI3NeSHGVD6MBmwUg/edit?usp=sharing and a summary here: http://mee.guildlaunch.com//forums/viewtopic.php?t=11045705&gid=480850

Please, please vote in the poll!! Even if you haven’t been around much, or at all lately! http://knightsofthewhitecross.guildlaunch.com/tools/poll/index.php?gid=196404

Blessings,

Sammy

Army of alts: Meggie - 85 captain, Lunelleth - 85 hunter, Eadolwyn - 43 warden, Cwenhild - 40 champ, Euraweth - 24 LM, Idhreneth - 22 RK, Cinnamum - 20 burg, Ajuga - 20 guard, and Solveij the Pacifist - 52 RK.
-Sampaguita
Leader

Just FYI, one of our kinmates already has toons on Arkenstone and can't move over there. Additionally this person told me I would say that when I have been able to play the world chat has become a bit more offensive and off-color to my likes.

Army of alts: Meggie - 85 captain, Lunelleth - 85 hunter, Eadolwyn - 43 warden, Cwenhild - 40 champ, Euraweth - 24 LM, Idhreneth - 22 RK, Cinnamum - 20 burg, Ajuga - 20 guard, and Solveij the Pacifist - 52 RK.
Denali
Officer

Thanks for the updates Sammy!

Ovardorin - Guardian (57) :: Thalostorn - Champion (32)
My Creeps:
Nashkurn (Rank 7 Warg) :: Denakh (Rank 2 Blackarrow) :: Nashdush (R5 Defiler)
Lindoriel
Celedomiel

Being such a casual player, and not in the habit of grouping with people, I haven't really formed ties with many people in game, mostly just fellow Knights.  I voted "I don't care", because I really don't have a preference.  I'll be moving my little slacker chars that are in KOTWC to whichever all you active players choose.  Would hate to lose track of any of you!  ((( hugs )))

Este   =)

Hi Kinmates!

Happy Kiniversary to us! And Happy Thanksgiving!!

Thank you to the other members who voted in our poll. Here are the results.

4 said they didn’t care/had no preference

1 person voted strong preference – and explained anywhere but Arkenstone works

1 voted strong preference but gave me no explanation

13 said they would prefer to transfer to the server our friends are moving to.

In light of this, we will be moving to Gladden. I did some scouting tonight. Here are some of my observations:

World chat seemed friendly

Asking price for a level 100 gold symbol was 40g

There were 586 non-anonymous players on, 155 of these players were level 99-100. In comparison, there were only 111 non-anonymous players on Dwarrowdelf at the same time.

The official dev diary on world transfers is found here. (http://tinyurl.com/npj5wst). We’ll touch on a few points as reminders.

NAMING PRIORITIES: When transferring to a new world, it will check for naming conflicts. If there is a conflict, it will grant the name to the incoming character IF the character existing on the world has not been active for one year or more. The less active character will have a -1 added to their name and will receive a rename token.

I checked the names of all characters in our kin who have logged on in the last 50 days. Here is a list of names of characters who have likely logged on the last year on Gladden.

Estelwen, Thurinborne, Celedomiel, Caladhrien, Lithorn, Haidyn, Mallont, Woobiel, Linithil, Reingin.

KINSHIP TRANSFER: Sampaguita needs to move first. Kinship will dissolve on the old server and reform on the new server. You will automatically be added to the kin after transferring. This does mean the loss of ability for any new kin mails on Dwarrowdelf after Sammy leaves. However, I will be leaving Idhreneth behind until the server closes, so I will be able to get personal mail on Dwarrow if someone needs help. Of course, we also have our guild launch forums. It will be important to check on the forums before transferring to make sure Sammy has made it over before you transfer your first character.

TRANSFER ORDER: After Sammy has been transferred, you should first move your home owner, if you have one. Next, your shared items, and then your other characters.

THE NEXT BIG QUESTION: Dwarrowdelf is supposed to open up for transfers on Tuesday, 11/24. Please vote in the next poll so we can decide when to move Sammy over and start the transfer process. http://tinyurl.com/cefnm8h

Thanks everyone!

~Sammy

Wooby
Officer

So I don't know if it matters at this point, but I was talking with Oddy on Friday night and it sounds like he is leaning toward Arkenstone - even though his kin is heading to Gladden.  :(

What?!  Someone has 'Woobiel' taken already!?  How rude! ;)

Leader

Well, there is also a Corros on Gladden, so....

-Sampaguita
Leader

Well, our time has come to move on to a new adventuring home. I will be moving SAMPAGUITA first. This will dissolve our kin here and we will not have any more access to kin mail.

To know it is safe for you to move, please add LUNELLETH and MEGGIE to your friends list. After I move Sammy, I will move Portulaca (kin owner for sewing bee), Lunelleth (my home owner), and then start the rest with Meggie. So you when Lunelleth and Meggie disappear off your friends list, you will know it is safe to transfer.

Also, add IVODAM to your friends list. She is one of my toons on a separate account. I will be leaving her behind for a while so that I can be on both servers.

See you in GLADDEN!!!!!

-Sampaguita
Leader

So Sammy has been successfully moved over, as well as Portulaca (for those of you who might have alts in Sewing Bee) and Lunelleth. I am waiting on my shared items to transfer over and then I'll log on to Gladden and scope out the available housing areas. You should be fine to start migrating.

But, if you have a creep in our tribe, the leader is currently waiting to be transferred. I'll update when that is done.

~Sammy

-Sampaguita
Leader

I am moved, except for the two characters I'm leaving for several weeks.

I have purchased a new kin house in Falathorn - Sarniant neighborhood. When I left there were 14 standard and 5 deluxe houses left in that neighborhood.

I went with 7 Fairwood Lane as there were several empty houses in the vicinity. I've deleted the old address book post and have created a new one. http://knightsofthewhitecross.guildlaunch.com/forums/posting.php?mode=newtopic&f=1396119&gid=196404

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Knights Of The White Cross Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: